Friday, November 6, 2015

Pattern Review: Simplicity 1502: Misses' Nightshirt or Top

The Story
I was talking with my aunt who is a fashion designer (her website) and boy, was it a great conversation!! We talked about starting a fashion business, building a clientele and going into the retail business with ready to wear items. One thing she mentioned was not overlooking designs that might seem simple and that's what sent me in search of a pattern for something easy and breezy. Even though it is for a nightshirt, this Simplicity pattern fit the bill perfectly. I made a top and I am currently working on a dress.


Pattern Description
Misses' Pants or Shorts And Nightshirt or Top
Pattern includes pants & shorts with elastic waist, nightshirt & top. Nightshirt & top have a single pleat vent down the front. Add decorative ribbon, buttons and lace for a feminine touch.

Pattern Sizing
I cut a Medium but in hindsight, I think I should have cut a Small from the shoulder to below the sleeves and then flared out to a Medium. I'm smaller on top than below. :)

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing it?
Yes.

Were the instructions easy to follow?
Very easy and straightforward.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I liked how easy it was to make and all the possibilities with different fabrics.
I also like how neat it looks on the inside with the bias tape finishing.

Fabric Used
African print fabric - 100% cotton.

Pattern alteration or any design changes you made
Nothing 

Would you sew it again?
Yes!!!
I'm thinking of making the dress with red crepe and gold lace at the top like View C.

Would you recommend it to others?
Yes, it would be great even for a beginner.


Styling


Inside



Shirt




Dress







No comments:

Post a Comment