Wednesday, November 5, 2014

The Making of Ms. P's Shift Dress

    * Last week, I made a loose fitting shift dress for Ms. P. This is the first time I've not really had to worry about perfect fit in the bust, waist and hips and that gave me more time to document the process. So here it is; my diary of making Ms. P's Shift Dress.
  ** Check out the 'Hers' page for other designs.
*** Check us out on Instagram @zichie_designs.



To begin with, I took Ms. P's measurements and later on, she sent me a dress similar to what she wanted.


I used the See & Sew pattern above as a starting point.


I created a pattern from the dress using the See & Sew pattern and made alterations to better suit Ms. P's needs.


These are the pattern pieces for the bodice. The print fabric is lovely and my priority was to keep the fabric pattern aligned in the final product.


 Bodice pattern pieces attached at the shoulders.


 Bodice pieces lined and raw edges finished.


  Sleeve pieces lined and raw edges finished.



All pieces put together - here's the front of the dress.


Here's the back of the dress with an invisible zipper.


I added some contrasting fabric in the slit. 
A little something extra from the back view, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment