Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Spots & Stripes Dress: January's Make Of The Month

  * At the beginning of this year, I set a goal to have a #MakeOfTheMonth every month. This will be something I make because I want to - not because of a client's order, special request or for sale on the Etsy store.

** The #MakeOfTheMonth for January is a Spots & Stripes dress that I sketched on a post-it note sometime in 2014. The design was for a fit and flare dress with spots on the bodice and stripes on the skirt. I didn't get a chance to do anything about the sketch till now. I did change the original design by adding stripes to the bodice and I think that was a smart choice. Enjoy the pictures below :).

** Check us out on Instagram @zichie_designs.


I was going to get regular polka dots and a matching striped fabric but these 2 together caught my eye and won't let go.


The initial plan was to have an A-line skirt but I've recently been wanting to make box pleats so I did.


As I previously mentioned, I was going to make the entire bodice out of the spotted fabric but after I took a 2nd look, I decided to bring the stripes up into the bodice.

 

I wanted to do something different for the back so I added a cut-out but I made the band wide enough to cover any bra straps. :)

Final Look:






4 comments: