Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Casual, Corporate, Cocktails ... One Dress

* It's summer time and I'm loving the idea of simplicity and the idea of versatility with knits right about now.
I made this very simple dress in about an hour. I forget what I was looking up online but I found this video, watched it and thought 'Hey, I could do that'. I didn't bookmark it but I will update this post with the link when I find it.
I pulled out this knit fabric that has been in my stash for a while and got to cutting and sewing. I think I had just one yard of it.
It takes 4 stitches if you don't plan to finish the hem or neckline, which you could always do with a serger. I went ahead and finished them though with a straight stitch.

It's sooo easy to make and easy to wear.

I was thinking of what to showcase on the blog this week and came up with various ways to wear this dress.

Enjoy ...
(I haven't mastered the picture taking thing yet ... soon)
(... working on the bags under my eyes too)

** Follow us on Facebook (Zichie Designs) and Instagram (@zichie_designs and @e_fazion) and email (zichiedesigns[at]gmail.com) for custom orders.


Casual
For relaxing at home, running to the store, going to choir practice ...





Corporate
For work, business meetings, networking events ...



Cocktails
For night out with the girls, dinner with him (*wink), turn up (woo hoo!) ...
I should have worn jewels

(Sleeves tucked in for this one)

(Raised the hem for this one)

Try the hi-low hem trend too.


No comments:

Post a Comment