Thursday, June 25, 2015

Hi-Low Peplum Skirts

* Boss told me last week that I am becoming known as an Ankara (African Print fabric, not the capital of Turkey) designer. Not bad, right? 
I thought about it and realized all (or at least 90%) of the items I have made in the last 3 months and maybe even further were all in ankara fabric. Probably because I know a lot of Africans and they place orders for ankara outfits as those cannot be readily found in stores over here :).

Anyway, it was time for a palette cleanser and once again, it started with a discussion with my sister.

Me: I bought this black and white knit fabric to make a quick peplum skirt. I'm thinking of flipping the fabric for the peplum so I can create some contrast.
Sis: You're making skirts, right?
Me: Maybe I can get 2 skirts out of the fabric. I'll trace the other knit skirt I made.
Sis: Skirts ... one for me.
Me: Oh. Right. Guess I could make yours first and perfect the process before I make mine. 

She had her skirt (yellow floral one below) about 2 hours later. I had mine a few days later. 
(And, yes, I did get 2 black and white skirts from the fabric. I'll post pictures of the 2nd one another time).

** We wore them to church on Father's Day - pictures below.
*** Follow us on Facebook (Zichie Designs) and Instagram (@zichie_designs and @e_fazion) and email (zichiedesigns[at]gmail.com) for custom orders.

Me & Le'Sis


Me @ Le'Car


Side & Front Views
(Hmm, didn't get a back view)


Le'Sis Taking a Selfie


In Other Father's Day News ...
Custom Order for Mrs. K for Father's Day



No comments:

Post a Comment