Friday, February 26, 2016

Always Learning ...

Hello there,

Back in SS1 (10th grade equivalent?), we were a handed a sheet of paper that listed occupations and what subjects you should be good at to succeed in them. Based on my teen-self's academic prowess, I had a lot of options (a lot) but I was drawn to engineering. The one thing I like about being an engineer today is the ability to assess a problem and design a solution. For my ZCD work, I usually break down the item to its basic shapes in my head and them build it up from there (unless I'm using a prepared pattern).

Today's post is a bit of a show-and-tell. I have added 4 more items to my 'I-know-how-make-this' list and I wanted to share them with you. If you've browsed the Etsy store (here), you know that besides clothing, I can make accessories. Until now, accessories = bowties, purses and earrings. After today, I can add wristlets, lapel flowers custom bias tape and peplum belts.

These new items were custom orders and I did some research, reviewed tutorials and figured out how to make them. Yay for learning!!!

Lapel Flowers

These are rectangular pleated strips with one zig-zag edge, can you tell?



This one is a folded over rectangular gathered strip. 



Wristlet 
(Zippered Pouch with Wrist Strap)

Had to rip and re-do a couple seams but I got it!



DIY Bias Tape



Peplum Belt
(hi-low style)

Start with a hi-low circle skirt, cut a line down the center, add a long waistband.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment